dimecres, 20 de febrer del 2013

“Tis in my memory lock'd, and you yourself shall keep the key of it.”


 She always went to that park in Bath, sat in a bench and started reading a Shakespeare play. Her favourite one was Hamlet, as I saw her reading it over and over again. In fact, she preferred tragedies. She loved tragic endings. She smiled as she was reading, but I saw in the shadow of her eyes her deep sadness, something hidden behind her mind.
    One day, I sat next to her. She didn’t even look at me, she continued reading. Hamlet, of course. All of a sudden I felt brave enough to speak, so I said: “The readiness is all”.
She closed the book and noticed my presence. She stared into my eyes for a long time and said: “Do you feel it, too?” . “Do you mean the beauty of that sentence?”, I answered. She nodded and whispered: “I thought nobody else would notice it. I thought people would just ignore those words”. I said: “How can I ignore this beauty if it’s in front of my eyes?”. She blushed and smiled. She didn’t recognize me. But it didn’t break my heart anymore. I know those memories cannot come back. Amnesia has killed them. But I want to make her love me again. Just as much as she loves Shakespeare. Just as much as I love her.
   

1 comentari: